Green setting created in 1931 by the French painter Jacques Majorelle (1886-1962), the garden that now bears his name, is a true work of art. Structured around a long central pool, consisting of varied plants, exotic plants, rare species he brought from his travels around the world: cactus, yuccas, lilies, lily, jasmine, bougainvillea, palm, coconut , banana trees, bamboo, etc. The garden is decorated with fountains, ponds, fountains, pergola, ceramic jars with flamboyant colors.
What was the workshop of Jacques Majorelle now houses the very foundation provided collection of Yves Saint Laurent - Pierre Berger on the Berber people.
The originality of the place lies in the combination of lush vegetation and architectural elements allying sobriety and traditional Moroccan design.
Practical information :
- Hours : Open every day from 8 am to 17:30 from October 1 to April 30 and from 8h to 18h from May 1 to September 30.
- location : Rue Yves Saint Laurent - Guéliz, Marrakech
- Phone : +212 (0)5 24 31 30 47 – +212 (0)6 61 75 90 58 - +212 (0)5 24 30 18 94
- Web: http://www.jardinmajorelle.com
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prices : Adults 70 dhs. Discounts apply for Moroccan citizens and residents, students, associations.
- The garden and the museum is accessible to the disabled.